Don’t Let Skin Tags Come Between Your and Your Confidence
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin Tags are small benign outgrowth which is usually painless and non-cancerous. They can grow on your skin and be on the surface with the help of a stalk called peduncle. It hangs out of the body and is also called as soft fibromas, acrochordons, and cutaneous tags. These can be of skin color or a little reddish. Skin tags can vary in different sizes and are usually measured in millimeters. These usually develop due to contact friction of skin onto the skin.
They can usually occur in places with a lot of fold such as on the neck, on the back of your neck, armpits, groin area, etc.
What Causes Skin Tags?
Skin tags are usually common in people above the age of 50. It is usually seen more often in people with diabetes and people who are obese or overweight. Usually in people dealing with obesity friction is created due to constant rubbing of the skin, these can usually be seen in the areas with a lot of skin rubbing such as the thigh region, armpits or even on the neck area.
Wearing tight clothes can also be a reason for developing a tag.
What Are The Remedies Which Help In Getting Rid Of A Skin Tag?
- Severing: Usually when skin tags are removed with the help of fine scissors or a cutting object it called as severing. Sometimes when the tags are big it can even require stitches to heal the area.
- String: A string can be used in order to get rid of a skin tag. Take a small piece of string or dental floss, you would a helper in this method. Tie up the bag tightly so as to cut down the blood flow from it. After a few days, you see that the skin tags as dried of and fill fall on its own.
- Freezing: In this process, liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the skin tag. Usually, you will see the skin tag fall off in a week or two after using this method. Use a cloth or some kind of protection near the skin to not disturb it.
- Iodine: Use iodine to remove skin, put in a little iodine on a cue tip and then apply it over the tag. let it remain overnight and keep it covered. Wash it off thoroughly in the morning. Continue this practice until the tag falls off.
- Electrosurgery: In this method, skin tags are removed with the help of high-temperature burning. A wire is used mostly to remove these tags.
Thus, it can be said that skin tags do not cause any harm as such but to get rid of them is always better. There are a lot of methods through which one can get rid of these skin tags. One of the major reasons for skin tags to occur is the constant rubbing of skin to the skin which causes friction. These are usually seen in the areas with folds such as on the neck, groin and around the armpits.