Remove Skin Tags Harmlessly
Have you ever noticed a small ball of skin growth on your body? These small growths are called skin tags. But you need not worry because these growths are mostly harmless and benign. Scientifically known as fibroma pendulum, are caused because of the friction between layers of skin. They commonly occur in at joints and hidden areas. Such as:
- Behind the neck.
- Groin areas
The skin tag is made of collagen fibers, blood vessels and covered with an epidermis. These Skin tags hang off the skin with the help of a stalk or a peduncle. The tags also contain, fat cells, nerve cells, and ducts.
Problem With Skin Tags:
Even though harmless, many people feel anxious and uncomfortable, because of the skin tags. They try to remove it with many different methods. These methods can be harmful, or infectious. Methods like:
- Cutting them off.
- Blocking the blood flow of the tag.
- Burning them.
- Freezing them.
- Tying them with floss.
Can prove to be very harmful, and most importantly painful. Although there are also clinical methods to get rid of them:
- Cauterization: This method uses heat to close wounds and remove ant growth on the skin.
- Cryosurgery: The process requires a small amount of liquid nitrogen to be applied over the skin tags. This freezes the skin tags as well as its growth.
- Surgery: Skin tags are cut off with the help of surgical scissors.
All these processes require a lot of time and money, for appointments as well as the procedure. These processes could also leave scars or side effects due to different chemicals and things that are used during the surgery.
Therefore the right way to get rid of these skin tags is to use natural home remedies, that are harmless and chemical free. These also make sure that you don’t get any side effects.
Natural Skin Tag Removal:
If you are feeling uncomfortable with the skin tags, you can also opt to get rid of them. But choosing to get rid of them naturally is a safer and efficient way. These substances may be already available in your kitchen, to help you through it.
- Tree tea oil: THis oil is antifungal and virus proof. Therefore very safe to be used on the skin. Using a cotton bud, gently dab the skin tag with this oil. It will help the skin tag dry, and then fall off. The skin tag will be gone in a week or two.
- Banana peels: Who knew these peels could ever be useful. Cut a small piece of the peel and place it over the skin tag. Cover and enforce it with a bandage. This too makes the tags to dry and fall off. You should try to do this [process regularly to get rid of the tag sooner.
- Garlic: the root is known to have anti-aging benefits. This also helps to reduce inflammation. In other words, help to tighten the skin. Crush some ginger and apply it to the tag. Cover it with a bandage. Within some days, you will notice that the tag has started to shrink. In a few weeks, the tag will completely disappear.
- Apple Cider vinegar: Soak a cotton swab with vinegar and place it on the skin tag. Leave it for 15-20 mins and then wash the vinegar off the skin. Repeat this every night for a couple of weeks. The vinegar breaks down the cells and the tissues of the tag, making it fall off.
Skin tags are not harmless, but if they show any sudden changes, such as changing size, color or is painful and bleeding, you must show and get it checked with the doctor.