What Are Moles?
Moles occur on the skin because of the increase in the melanin content on some part of the area which makes the skin around the area thicker. This leads to the formation of moles. Usually, moles are of skin color but with time passing it turns darker due to hyperpigmentation. These moles can be of different sizes. Shapes and colors which can differ in every human being. Read ahead to know more about moles.
How Are They Caused?
Moles usually occur due to a lot of factors. Sometimes it is observed that moles are inherited by children from their parents. These moles are present right from the birth itself and hence they remain permanent after you reach adulthood. Moles usually occur due to the excessive exposure of sun rays on the skin which lead to different types of skin problems. Hence, it is always suggested to cover your body when you leave your house during the day. It is recommended to stay away from the afternoon sun rays as they play a vital role in causing skin issues in people. The harmful UV rays emitted by the sun is usually the reason behind the crucial diseases such as skin cancers etc.
Moles are usually pinkish in color but their color changes with time as after a while these moles turn out to be brown or black which is due to the hyperpigmentation. When the skin cell get accumulated in one particular area it is seen that the skin around the area turns thicker which lead to the formation of moles. These moles can appear anywhere on the body and they are not usually connected to each other. Depending on the area where it is has grown the skin and the shape can also change, some moles can even be irregular.
Signs And Symptoms Of Moles.
Moles can appear on any part of the body irrespective of the region is exposed to the sun or no. There are many factors that lead to the formation of moles, some of them being genetics, hormonal changes and an excessive amount of skin exposure. Moles can be recognized with the help of its size, color, and shape. Some moles tend to be of skin color at first but change due to hyperpigmentation into black or brown. These moles can have hair grown on them but it need be necessary, while mole can be of round and oval shape it is seen that they can also be irregular due to less space to grow.
It is often observed that moles can be of different sizes, they are more or less between 2-4 millimeters. Sometimes moles can exceed their sizes but do not grow much. Moles which are present from birth are considered as birthmarks, if they tend to remain till you reach adulthood then they become permanent. Almost everyone gets moles once in their lifetime. It is observed that a person can get 15-20 moles in a lifetime. People above the age of 60 tend to get moles which are usually permanent.
How To Spot Moles?
Moles appear anywhere on the body but are most probably seen around the neck, on the face and also around the armpits. These moles can be of any shape size or color and can also get darker due to hyperpigmentation. They usually are flesh colored but with time passing by they turn darker due to hyperpigmentation. These are basically outgrowths on the skin which are harmless in most of the cases. Sometimes moles can become cancerous after it is bruised which leads to infections. Cancerous moles are curable but need a proper skin expert to identify what is the actual problem with the mole. Most of the reasons why moles occur are pregnancy, hormonal changes, and even old age. People above the age of sixty are more likely to get moles. The major types of moles are flat, round and oval-shaped moles.
What Are The Different Types Of Moles?
- Congenital Moles: Congenital are moles which are usually present from birth and are usually called as birthmarks as well. Once you reach your adulthood these moles become permanent and last for a longer period of time.
- Halo Moles: These moles are slightly bigger in size and are usually caused due to the sunlight. Usually, halo moles are a little lighter in color and is encircled with the skin. This ring-like thing formed with the skin is usually harmless to the skin.
- Atypical Moles: These moles are basically irregular moles, they do not have any shape and sizes. They can also be round, flat or even oval or sometimes it could be totally irregular.
- Common Moles: These are the ones which are usually seen in people, they occur usually due to excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Acquired Moles: These moles are most probably seen in children and they are usually harmless. They usually occur due to the excessive exposure of the sun rays on the skin causing various skin conditions
How To Get Rid Of Moles With Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar works perfectly in order to get rid of your moles. It is known for toning the skin and helping people lose weight. Some of the other benefits of apple cider vinegar are they reduce acne, help in healing or cooling sunburns and acts as a skin toner. It also helps in getting rid of stubborn moles.
Use a cotton ball to apply apple cider vinegar on the mole. Dip the cotton ball in the solution and directly apply it over the skin. Cover the area with the help of a band-aid so that it does not wipe off. Let the cotton be on the mole for a few hours and then remove it. Repeat this procedure daily to get the best results.
Other Methods To Get Rid Of Moles.
Some of the most used methods to get rid of moles are:
- Shaving Excision: Shaving excision method is only used when they are comparatively bigger in size than the usual ones. It is observed that while using this method to get rid of moles the doctors numb the area which is to be operated. A local anesthetic is used in order to subside the pain. After that a sharp instrument to cut the area totally. Usually, a little more of that area is cut so that there are no roots left for the mole to cause any infections.
- Surgical Excisions: This is a time-consuming process and is considered to be on the most traditional way in which one can get rid of moles. The surgeon uses a sharp object to cut the mole and then cleans the area with the help of antiseptic liquid. Make sure that you keep the area clean all the time which won’t land you in any kind of skin infections. After the area is operated people often get stitches to stop the bleeding and also to help the area to heal rapidly. It is observed that flat and round moles are operated with the help of this method.
- Punch Biopsy: This procedure to remove moles are usually used in order to get rid of smaller moles. Moles can be of different sizes and shapes depending on these categories moles can be treated differently. Likewise for smaller moles punch biopsy is considered to be perfect. This device is basically used to cut the whole portion of the skin along with the mole, usually, the portion cut is cylindrical.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Moles.
- Tea Tree Oil: This oil is known to be one of the most useful oils for centuries. Tea tree oil helps in reducing skin problems such as skin tags, warts, and even moles. Apply tea tree oil over a cotton swab and apply it over the mole. Wipe the mole with this oil and keep it covered for as long as possible.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is known as a cooling agent and helps in healing a lot of skin conditions. You can use both fresh aloe vera or the aloe vera gel available in the market and then apply it over the mole. Use a bandage to cover the area and repeat this process daily to get the best results out of it.
- Garlic: Garlic is one of the most used ingredients in the kitchen. It has a lot of antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Crush some garlic cloves and apply it on the mole. Keep it for twenty minutes and then rinse it off. Continue this process to get the best result from it.
- Lime Juice: Apply lemon juice over the mole with the help of a cue-tip or a cotton ball. Cover the cotton ball with the help of an adhesive tape and then repeat this process twice a day.
- Oregano Oil: Oregano oil is known effective in getting rid of warts and skin tags. It also helps in getting rid of moles. Although this oil does not have any side effects it is always better to use it with a carrier oil. Use some drops of coconut or castor oil and use two to three drops of oregano oil. Blend it together and apply it over the mole gently. Continue this process twice a day.
What Are The Precautions To Prevent Moles?
One of the best ways to prevent moles are is not to have a lot of sun exposure. Always cover yourself when you go out during the afternoons or even after 11 am. Make sure you use a good sunscreen with a high SPF content which should more than 30 percent. Usually, we neglect our childhood days and tend to play and enjoy in the bright day which might cause you a lot of issues with later stages of your life as the skin damage then causes a problem in the early ’30s. Hence, it is always better to get through these problems by using sun protection products such as scarfs, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.