Looking For Home Remedies To Remove Skin Tags?
Are the skin tags on your face annoying you? Do you feel irritated because of these skin tags? Skin tags are non-threatening growths that you get on the skin especially on the neck, chest, armpits, etc. They are generally caused by friction of the skin. There are various home remedies that might help you to remove skin tags. If you are looking for home remedies to remove the skin tags then continue reading the article given below.
What Is A Skin Tag?
Skin tags are also known as acrochordons. They are harmless growths that protrude from your skin. It often occurs to people aged over 60 years. Skin tags generally appear as small growths on the skin folds. It usually occurs around the areas such as the neck, armpits, under the breasts, eyelids, etc.
Skin tags are generally painless and neither do they cause any medical complications. However, they can sometimes get irritating. If you feel annoyed by these skin tags then you can follow any of the home remedies that are mentioned below.
Home Remedies For Skin Tags
Do you want to get rid of skin tags naturally? Some of the home remedies that might help you get rid of skin tags are listed below.
- Baking Soda And Castor Oil Paste: Some of the health care experts suggest you apply a paste of baking soda and castor oil on the infected area. It helps to dry off the tag and thus removes it gradually. Apply this paste for around 2-3 hours every day.
- Tea Tree Oil: The presence of rich antiviral and antifungal properties in tea tree oil might help you to get rid of these skin tags. All you need to do is apply it on the infected area overnight using cotton and then cover it with a bandage. Repeat this process until that tag falls off.
- Garlic: It helps to improve the appearance of the skin by reducing inflammation. Garlic also has anti-aging benefits. You can apply crushed garlic over the tag overnight. Cover it with a bandage and wash the infected area in the morning. Repeat this process until the skin tag disappears.
- Manuka Honey: Applying manuka honey helps to restrict the oxygen supply of the skin tag and thus helps in the removal of the skin tag. It also has wound healing properties that will help you to heal the wound and the scars once the tag falls off.
- Ginger: The wide range of bioactive compounds present in ginger will help you to get rid of the skin tag. It also possesses antimicrobial and healing properties. All you need to do is rub a slice of raw ginger on the skin tag for a few days and your tag will fall off. Repeat this 5-6 times a day.
To conclude with this article we can say that there are various home remedies that might help you to get rid of skin tags. They are generally harmless in nature but if you want to remove the tag then you can go for any of the method mentioned above.