Skin tag removal is an arduous process. While there are procedures which remove them, they are both time to consume and expensive. In this article, we’ll learn how essential oils for skin tags are a safe, natural and a risk-free option.
Skin tags are subtle but are definitely not very appealing. Most people develop skin tags hereditarily. It is also common in aged and maturing people, obese people and the ones that suffer from diabetes. Some of the common skin tag removal methods are topical product application and surgeries. You may also remove the skin tag by a regular application of essential oil.
Some of the common skin tag removal methods are topical product application and surgeries. But we’ll see how you can remove them through the application of essential oils.
These are highly powerful fragrance oil that is extracted from the flowers or plants. They have a strong smell that could be too overpowering at times. Essential oils are best not to be applied directly to the skin. It is appropriately applied only after diluting it with water or any other solvents.
Benefits Of Applying Essential Oil On Skin Tags
- Essential oils are completely natural. They are safe for the skin and do not have any harmful chemical substances in them.
- It is a very cost-effective method. Surgical removal can cost your wallet much more than you’d expect. In such situations, it is the best to opt for a natural solution.
- No side Effects have been identified by many essential oil users. People have not complained about irritation or side effects with the use of oils on the skin tags. However, a patch test is still recommended. It is a good idea to try how the application feels and continue only if it is not causing irritation on the affected area.
Best Essential Oils For Skin Tag Removal
Here is the list for some of the best essential oil options on the basis of reviews, availability, and results.
- Tea Tree Oil:
It is popular for its multiple benefits such as anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. Tea tree oil has been a common remedy to treat skin tags for decades now. It is recognized as a highly popular and the most commonly recommended method.
Mix an equal portion of tea tree oil and dab a cotton pad. Apply this on the affected area and hold for minimum 5 minutes. Wash off after done. Do this twice every day.
- Lavender Essential Oil:
Known for its soothing and calming properties, Lavender essential oil is a perfect solution for facial skin tags. Since facial skin tags could be more prone to irritation as they’re sensitive.
Apply 2 drops of this oil on a q-tip and gently press on the affected area.
- Rosemary Essential Oil:
It has great properties for hair growth and darkening. Besides this, it is also a common household remedy for removal of skin tags.
Mix 2/3rd portion of rosemary oil with the 3rd portion as water and apply on the tags.
- Basil Essential Oil:
It is known for its anti-bacterial properties and is highly aromatic. It is also known for its amazing properties to heal warts, acne and skin tags.
Some Things To Consider Before Applying:
You might want to read these before rushing into applying any of those oils onto your skins:
- Thoroughly clean your skin tag before any treatment.
- Apply a coat of vaseline or coconut oil on the surrounding skin.
- Use the best natural essential oils. Check for their purity.
- Be careful with application near the eyes or mouth region. It should not enter the mouth or eye region or where there are high chances of irritation.