Looking For Ways To Transform The Appearance Of Your Skin?
Are you suffering from skin tags? Skin tags usually do not require any kind of treatment but if you opt to remove them, you can visit a doctor. These tags can also be removed using some of the home remedies. Most of the home remedies involve drying off the tag until it disappears. To know more about the removal methods of skin tags continue reading the article given below.
What Is A Skin Tag?
Skin tags are soft harmless growths that usually grow in the skin folds. Skin folds include the areas such as armpits, neck, breasts, eyelids and the groin area. They are made up of loose collagen fibers that grow in the thicker areas of the skin.
There is no specific reason for the development of skin tags but some of the studies show that friction might develop them. They can vary from a few millimeters up to 5cm wide. People who are suffering from obesity and type 2 diabetes are more likely to get skin tags.
Skin Tags Removal Methods
There are various methods that might help you to get rid of skin tags. Some of these alternatives are listed below:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: By applying apple cider vinegar on the infected area you can get rid of the tag. You just need to soak some amount of this vinegar in cotton and then place it on the tag using a bandage. Repeat this process for a couple of weeks.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is also considered an excellent alternative in removing skin tags. It also has rich antioxidant properties. Just simply massage the vitamin E oil on the infected area and the surrounding area overnight. Repeat this process until the tag falls off.
- Garlic: You can get rid of the skin tag by using garlic as well. It helps to enhance the appearance of your skin by reducing inflammation. You just need to apply crushed garlic over the tag and cover it with a bandage overnight. Wash the infected area in the morning and repeat this process until the tag falls off.
- Cauterization: This is a process that uses heat to close a wound or either to remove the skin tag from your skin.
- Cryosurgery: In this method, liquid nitrogen is sprayed over the skin tag that freezes the growth of the tag.
- Surgery: Surgery might involve snipping off the tag using surgical scissors. However, the need for stitches depends upon the size and location of the tag as well.
To conclude with this article we can say that skin tags are harmless growths that protrude from your skin. They are made up of collagen fibers and moreover, these tags are more likely to grow in the areas where there is friction. However, they do not cause any medical complications but if they are annoying you then you can remove them. There are various home remedies and other medical treatments that might help you to get rid of skin tags.