Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help You Remove Skin Tags?
Nowadays there are many people who are infected by skin growths. Skin tags are one of the most common skin growths. Skin tags are harmless growths that protrude from your skin. There are various medical treatments and home remedies available that might help you to get rid of skin tags. Health care experts suggest that apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to treat skin tags. To know more about skin tags and their removal methods continue reading the article given below.
What Are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are harmless benign skin growths that protrude from your skin. These skin growths are usually found within the skin folds such as the neck, armpits, breasts, eyelids, etc. These skin lesions are generally harmless but sometimes it might become painful or bothersome. However, if these growths are annoying you can get it removed either by surgical treatments or by home remedies.
Skin tags are made up of loose collagen fibers that get lodged inside thicker areas of skin. Some of the studies show us that friction of the skin is the main reason for the growth of skin tags. Even people suffering from obesity and type two diabetes are more likely to develop skin tags. Pregnancy also often leads to hormonal changes which might cause a tag as well.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Overview
Apple cider vinegar is a natural tonic that has various health benefits. It is also considered as one of the most popular kinds of vinegar in the health community. This vinegar is produced by the fermentation of apple cider. In the fermentation process, the sugar in apples is fermented by yeast which is later added to the cider. This mixture is then added to alcohol and finally, it is added into vinegar.
Acetic acid is the main component of apple cider vinegar. It also contains many other ingredients such as lactic acid, citric acid, malic acid, and bacteria. Consuming apple cider vinegar can help to boost your health in several different ways. It helps to control blood sugar level and thus prevents diabetes as well. With the help of apple cider vinegar, you can also overcome obesity and various other health problems.
Some of the studies also show us that apple cider vinegar is a great way to get rid of skin tags and other skin growths. Simply by applying some amount of apple cider vinegar on the tag might help you to remove the tag. It helps to break down the tissue surrounding the skin tag and thus helps to get rid of the tag.
Newly Approved Skin Tag Removal Kit. Avoid Scars, Infections and Pain. Fresh Launch Discount Available
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is filled with raw enzymes which provide various health benefits. Given below are some of the benefits that you can obtain by consuming this vinegar.
- Potent biological effects: Acetic acid is the primary ingredient used in apple cider vinegar. Thus it also has many potent biological effects.
- Fights harmful bacteria: Apple cider vinegar also helps to kill pathogens and other harmful bacteria. It can also be used to prevent bacteria from multiplying.
- Prevents diabetes: Consuming this vinegar also helps to prevent type two diabetes and maintains blood sugar levels as well. It also helps to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Improves heart health: There are various risk factors that are linked to heart disease. Vinegar consumption can help you eliminate these risk factors and thus improve your heart health.
Surgical Procedures For Skin Tags
While skin tags generally require no treatment but if they are bothering you then you can get it removed. People usually remove skin tags for cosmetic reasons. Some of the methods that might help you to remove skin tags are mentioned below.
- Cryosurgery: In this process, a small amount of liquid nitrogen is applied over the skin tag. This is done in order to freeze the growth. This process requires around one or two treatments to remove the tag.
- Cauterization: Cauterization is a process where heat is used to close a wound or to remove the tag from your skin. Here medical professional burns of the tag to remove it.
- Surgery: Undergoing surgery involves snipping off the skin tag. The tag is snipped off at its base using surgical scissors. Undergoing surgery can also cause a small scar which usually fades away with time.
Natural Home Remedies For Skin Tags
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is considered to be extremely effective to remove skin tags and other skin growths. All you need to do is soak some amount of apple cider vinegar in a cotton swab and apply it over the tag using a bandage overnight. Repeat this process for a couple of weeks.
- Iodine: Some of the studies also show us that a person can use liquid iodine to remove skin tags. First, you need to apply some amount of coconut oil to the surrounding area. Then apply some iodine over the tag and cover it with a bandage. Repeat this treatment twice a day.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant which helps to fight aging which contributes to skin tags. It also helps to keep the skin healthy. Simply by applying liquid vitamin E over a tag might cause the tag to fall off.
Skin tags are small, soft, skin-colored benign growths that are usually harmless. Thus these skin lesions do not require any treatment unless and until they are bothering you or are causing irritation. They are made up of loose collagen fibers that get lodged inside thicker areas of skin. Skin tags are more likely to grow in skin fold areas such as the neck, eyelids, etc.
There are numerous home remedies that might help you to get rid of skin tags. Some of the studies show us that apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to remove a skin tag and other skin growths. However, if these home remedies are not working for you then you can go for medical treatment as well.